The Fine Arts Roundtable (FAR), a collective of Cal State University Long Beach MFA and MA students, present the 1st ever GLAMFA Satellite Show: Transpose. This exhibition is complimentary to the annual GLAMFA exhibition. It features both GLAMFA alumni in conjunction with CSULB alumni and current grads. The show will be juried by Kristina Newhouse, curator at the University Art Museum.
While we pride ourselves on the tradition of hosting the annual GLAMFA within the CSULB galleries, the aim of the GLAMFA satellite show is to have a more engaged presence within the Los Angeles art community. Therefore, this year’s satellite exhibition will be shown at the East Side International Gallery between February 25th and April 7th, 2018. We invite you to submit your work for jury selection.
DROP OFF WORK: February 19 – 21
INSTALL: February 22 – 24
SHOW OPEN: February 25 – April 7th
OPENING RECEPTION: TBD
PICK UP WORK: April 9th & 8th
Saturday and Sundays, 11-5 PM (12hrs)
CSULB MFA students and GLAMFA alumni from years 2016-18. Work must be created during your time in graduate school, within the past year. Graduate students working in all media, including performance and site-specific installation are encouraged to submit. There is a fee per submission.
Regular Gallery Hours & Sitting The ESXLA During The Exhibit
All local participants must sit one 3-hour shift (or however many it takes to fill up the 30 shifts) at the ESXLA. Each of the open days has 2 shifts each (11:00 am – 2:00 pm and 2:00 – 5:00 pm). Signups for sitting will take place at take-in. Bring your calendar to verify dates you will be available. Those local artists who are unable to sit must pay the ESXLA $30 to find a replacement. Instructions for opening and closing will be handed out at take-in.
• Enter your images online at OnlineJuriedShows.com.
• Up to 4 images may be submitted for consideration with one $25.00 entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
• *** Videos – Submit Videos by putting the link to the video as the Title of the piece in the entry form. Please make sure the videos you are submitted are NOT password protected.
Entering Your Images
• Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
• Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
• Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
Questions about GLAMFA Satellite Show can be directed to email@example.com
A Note from OnlineJuriedShows
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
Please note: Notifications are sent through ConstantContact.
On the day of notification, you can do the following, but you will also receive an email notification, sent from ConstantContact, that will state the same.
1. Go to OnlineJuriedShows.com and log in using your email address and password.
2. Right above where you just logged in, click “Your Artist Profile.” You are now in Your account!
3. Click the show name and you will see your first image. The jury results will be under the thumbnail view.
4. As you will see, it will say either “This Image has been Accepted or Declined in to the show.” Under that sentence, you can click “Read Acceptance (or Declined) Letter.” The letter will then be displayed below.
5. If you submitted more than one piece in the show, go to the next entered piece in the show by clicking the page number, displayed below the thumbnail image.
NOTE: Please be sure to read your letters in their entirety. Most acceptance letters will ask you to RSVP or will have special instructions you must follow.
P.S. While you are in your account on OnlineJuriedShows.com, click “Personal Info” and make sure your name, address, phone number, and email address are up-to-date.