about working with kids from ages 5-11 in a wood shop on a bus 4 weeks from
July 17th- August 11th in Agoura Hills. The camp runs from 9am-3pm
Monday–Friday, and all mileage over 10 to and from camp is reimbursed.
Our classrooms are held in renovated transit buses that house 15
workstations specifically designed for children. Each adjustable station
contains basic hand tools that we will be teaching kids how to use. Our
mission is to help artists, kids included, build and do things for
themselves. (We will train you with the woodworking part)
We are a non-profit artist run organization that also has a tool coop and
hosts artist projects. As a teaching artist you are able to plug into a
network of artists and use our equipment.
We are seeking exceptional, motivated, creative professionals who possess
many of the following traits:
– You’re responsible, courteous, reliable, and prompt
– You have working knowledge of basic woodworking techniques
– You have a background in visual arts and/or creative woodworking
– You have prior experience teaching children
– You have a good DMV record (no DUI’s or serious accidents)
– You have been a licensed driver for at least 5 years
– You’re comfortable driving large vehicles
– You’re able to perform basic automotive maintenance (check and fill
fluids, jump batteries, pump gas, fill tires, etc.)
– You’re bright, think quickly on your feet, and can manage little 8
kids using sharp tools on a school bus (with a co teacher)
Teachers are reviewed every June based on teaching skills, woodworking
skills, trouble shooting students’ design work, relationships with parents
and partners, professionalism, efficient time use and punctuality.
Please visit our website to find out more information: http://sidestreet.org
To apply please email email@example.com with your resume, summer
availibility, and a short description of why you’re fit for the job.
GPS (34.178816, -118.164395)
Link to our location: