Applications for the 2017/2018 Camargo Core Program are now open.
The Camargo Foundation welcomes applications from all countries, nationalities, and career levels.
- Scholars & Thinkers (including professionals and practitioners in creative fields such as curators, critics, urban planners, independent scholars, etc.) should be connected to the Arts and Humanities working on French and Francophone cultures, including but not limited to cross-cultural studies that engage the cultures and influences of the Mediterranean region.
- Artists, in all disciplines, who are the primary creators of a new work/project. The Camargo Core Program encourages multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches.
Purpose of the residency:
- Research, experiment & create: applicants may apply either with a specific project or a specific area of inquiry on which they would like to work during the residency. An area of inquiry should be specific and represent exploration and investigation in the Fellow’s field. The Camargo Core Program welcomes both open-ended exploration, or more focused works and long-term research projects.
- Exchange & network: during the residency, discussions are held regularly to foster cross-disciplinary exchange between Fellows. In addition, the Camargo Foundation’s Staff provides formal and informal links with local professionals to develop possible creative collaborations between the Fellow and the region.
- Fall 2017 (8 weeks from September 5 to October 31)
- Spring 2018 (6 weeks from February 27 to April 10 / 8 weeks from February 27 to April 24 / 11 weeks from February 27 to May 15)
Number of fellowships:
- 18 Fellowships/year, 9 artists and 9 scholars & thinkers
- A stipend of 1000 USD per month is available, as is funding for basic transportation to and from Cassis for the Fellow for the residency. In the case of air travel, basic coach class booked far in advance is covered.
Accompanying family members:
- Spouses/adult partners and dependent minor children may accompany fellows for short stays or for the duration of the residency. Please read the Guidelines below for more information.
- November 24, 2016